Preserving Your Wealth
You know that minimizing risk is one of the most important parts of a successful financial enterprise. You can do the same in your personal life using tools like prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. We can help you protect the wealth you bring to your marriage, and avoid a protracted fight in event of a future divorce.
Our attorneys represent some of the most successful people in New York. We know how hard you’ve worked to build your wealth, and we know how to make sure you won’t lose it in a bad divorce.
Prenuptial And Postnupital Agreements
Simply put, a prenuptial agreement is a contract that you and your future spouse execute before getting married, which determines how your property will be divided if your marriage ends in divorce. A postnuptial agreement is similar, except it is entered into after the marriage has taken place. These agreements can:
- Designate and keep separate your separate property
- Define marital property and provide for its distribution
- Provide for or waive spousal support
- Grant a distributive award
- Keep business interests separate and/or provide for their division
- Preserve retirement funds
- Waive rights in an estate
While no one gets married expecting to get divorced, having a valid, enforceable prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can guarantee you and your future spouse economic security, regardless of what happens down the road.